Last modified: September 9, 2022
Whensit LLC (“Company,” “us,” “we,” “our,” or “Whensit”) respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting your privacy through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the Whensit application (the “App”).
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you visit the whensit.com website (the “Website”). Our App, together with the Website, are referred to as the “Services.”
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect in or through the Services, in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Services.
This policy does not apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company applications or websites, including websites you may access through the Services.
- You provide to or is collected by any third-party (learn more in the Third-Party Information Collection section below).
Any services provided by third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through any third-party services.
Children Under the Age of 18
The Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from minors. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a minor without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a minor, please contact us using the contact information below.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Services:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Services.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or access or use the Services, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your IP address or any other non-personal identifier.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms within the Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Services, posting material, and/or requesting additional services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Services.
- Your search queries on the Services.
Automatic Information Collection
When you access or use the Services, technology may automatically collect the following information:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Services also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device.
- Location Information. The Services may collect real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the Services or delete it from your device. For more information, please contact us using the contact information below. Note, however, that opting out of the Service’s collection of location information will disable its location-based features.
Information Collection Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone or the hard drive of your computer. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone or within your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Services.
- Web Beacons. Parts of the Services and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those parts of the Services, opened an email, and for other Services-related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Services, including any content within the Services, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include advertisers, ad networks, ad servers, analytics companies, your mobile device manufacturer, and/or your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Services. The information they collect may be associated with your Personal Information or they may collect information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, applications, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Services, and the contents of the Services, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when Services updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Services.
We use location information we collect to enhance our Services, tailor them to your preferences and/or display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for advertising purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual or device without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Whensit LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Whensit LLC about our Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of] these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Whensit LLC, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Services to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Services may become inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, please contact us using the contact information below.
- Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, please contact us using the contact information below.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, please contact us using the contact information below.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Residents in certain states, such as California, may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please review your state’s privacy rights for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You may contact us using the contact information below to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.